Applications on Private Life

Our experienced immigration solicitors are able to advise you and assist you in making an application for leave to remain in the UK, on the strength of your private life which has been developed over the years that you have remained in the UK.

These applications are dealt with under the Immigration Rule 276ADE.   In order to benefit from these rules: 
•    you  should have  lived continuously in the UK for at least 20 years,   or  
•    you are  under the age of 18 years and has lived continuously in the UK for at least 7 years  and it would not be reasonable to expect you  to leave the UK; or  
•    you are aged 18 years or above and under 25 years and has spent at least half of your  life living continuously in the UK,  or 
•    you are  aged 18 years or above, has lived continuously in the UK for less than 20 years  but has no ties (including social, cultural or family) with your home country 

In all these categories period of living continuously in the UK is calculated discounting any period of imprisonment.   If the UK Visas and Immigration considers that your application should be granted you may be granted leave for a period of 30 months initially. Once you have been in the UK with continuous leave on the grounds of private life for a period of at least 120 months, you may apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain. You will need to show to the immigration authority that you have no ties (Social, Cultural or family ties) with your home country.

If you believe that your case may fall  under any of the above categories and if you wish to discuss your circumstances with a view to make an application, please telephone 0208 577 5491 and speak to one of  our specialist  immigration lawyers.