Unmarried partner visa/ Same sex partner visa

If you wish to apply for a visa in this category you must have been living with your partner “in a relationship akin to a marriage” for two years or more prior to the date you make your application.  

Requirements for this category are based on the Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules.
Another important requirement is that the relationship should not have started after the immigration authorities have made any decision to deport you, recommendation to deport, or give directions for your removal under section 10 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.

Furthermore, there are maintenance, accommodation and English language requirements which need to be satisfied as well as the fact that your relationship is not consanguineous, in other words parties to the marriage or the partnership are not related in a way that means you could not marry in UK law.  

It is important that you also meet the suitability requirements under the immigration rules.  You will need to produce evidence that you have been living together in a genuine relationship that like a marriage or civil partnership for two years or more.

If you are considering making an application under this category, we can advise you on the requirements and assess your suitability and the eligibility to make this application.  Please call our immigration solicitors on 0208 577 5491 to book an appointment.