Settlement / Indefinite Leave to Remain

Our immigration solicitors experienced in UK immigration law can advise you on any queries you may have on applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK.  We can also assist you in preparing and submitting your application to the UK Visas and Immigration.

If you have been living in the UK for a certain period of time, you may be eligible to apply to the Home Office - UK Visas and Immigration (UKBA) for Indefinite Leave to Remain.  If you have been working in the UK under the points based system for 5 years you may be eligible to apply for settlement in the UK.

If you have been legally resident in the UK for a period of 10 years you may qualify for settlement.  If you have been recognized as a Refugee with leave to remain for 5 years you may apply for settlement at the end of the period.  If you have been granted Discretionary Leave for a period of 6 years you may qualify for settlement at the end of this 6 year period. However under the new rules this period is increased to 10 years.

There are other categories,  such as EEA nationals who have been exercising their right to free movement in the UK for 5 years who can apply for Permanent Residence in the UK.

If you are living in the UK, your right to apply for settlement will depend on your immigration category.    The requirements that you need to meet will vary depending on each immigration category.  In all categories there are residence requirements that need to be looked into before an application is made.  As the immigration rules undergo rapid changes it is important to get advice before you make your application.

In most categories you are required to show that you have knowledge of language and life in the UK. You are also required to apply for a biometric residence permit, which is a card confirming your personal details, immigration status and your entitlements to work, restrictions, etc.

We can see you in consultation to check whether you satisfy the requirements and assist you  in preparing your application to the UK Visas & Immigration(UKBA).

If you wish to discuss further please contact our  immigration lawyers  on 0208 577 5491.